- Location: Kinegar Quarry, The Neuk, Cockburnspath TD13 5YH
- Size: 2 turbines, 110m to tip, 5MW capacity
- Current Status: Under Construction
- Turbine Model: Nordex N90
- Project Owner: Airvolution
Company: Kinegar quarry and Glenfin quarry are owned and operated by the firm of S R Findlay a local family run business offering bulk materials including sand and gravel.
Challenges: On paper Kinegar Quarry looked like it would be an easy development! The initial application was refused by the planning officer and the decision upheld by the Local Review Body. Following consultation the height of the turbines were reduced to 110m and the application resubmitted. The revised application was refused by the planning officer however overturned by the Local Review Body. Following successful planning consent the project has been through Judicial Review brought by a local resident. The claim was dismissed and the planning application is now able to be implemented.